Bill Bridgen has stepped down from his full-time post as HorseRacing TV's network president, it was announced Feb. 10.Bridgen, who has been with HRTV for more than two years, will continue to serve as a special media consultant to Jim McAlpine, president & CEO of Magna Entertainment Corp, HRTV's parent company.
He will assist in the distribution of his duties to other members of the existing management team, the company said in a press release. Magna announced no immediate plans to replace Bridgen."HRTV is an integral part of MEC's strategy to deliver the thrill of live horse racing into homes throughout the country," said Jim McAlpine. "Bill has done a great job in the launch phase of HRTV. "I am pleased that Bill will be available through a transition period and wish to thank him for his efforts on behalf of the entire MEC family of companies. We wish him well in his future endeavors."Bridgen said he is happy to continue in a consultant's role while pursuing new opportunities."HRTV is in very capable hands, and I am certain it will continue to thrive," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd