Eight days after suffering a spill at Gulfstream Park, jockey Gary Boulanger was upgraded to stable condition Feb. 7 at Memorial Regional Hospital in nearby Hollywood, according to his agent.Agent Cory Moran said Boulanger should soon be moved into a rehabilitation facility for therapy. The jockey, who underwent two operations last week, was listed in serious condition over the weekend. "He is making steady progress every day," Moran said. "When I saw him today he was sitting up and talking to family members. He was very alert today and was responding to questions. "We've had a lot of calls and many of his friends have tried to visit him, but he's recently had brain surgery and he needs his rest."
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce