Roman Ruler, who worked six furlongs from the gate in a swift 1:11 2/5 on Sunday morning, will have Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey aboard for his 3-year-old debut Feb. 13 in the $150,000 San Vicente (gr. II), trainer Bob Baffert said.The San Vicente is at seven furlongs."He looked like the Roman Ruler of old," an enthusiastic Baffert said of the son of Fusaichi Pegasus . Roman Ruler, who worked in company with Sea of Silver, finished fifth as the 2-1 favorite in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) in his last start.
"His last few races he hadn't been breaking all that well but today he broke like a shot," Baffert said. "I wanted to work him from the gate to sharpen him up. He went very well and I liked what I saw. I'm very happy with him and he's right on target."
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase