The move was easily the fastest of 18 who went four furlongs on the morning.
"He was a bit fresh," trainer Patrick Biancone said of the quick work. "He enjoyed the little break we gave him (after the San Rafael) and he seems to be improving. He's on schedule (for the Santa Catalina)."
The chestnut son of Horse Chestnut, a $500,000 2-year-old in training purchase last year, has won three of five starts with two seconds for earnings of $174,420. He also owns a second-place finish to Storm Surge in the Lone Star Park Juvenile Stakes on Breeders' Cup Day Oct. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/17/2014
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- CA Track Usher Laricchia Dies at 90
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches