The Shirley Jones is at seven furlongs, and while her speedy running style left some critics questioning Madcap Escapade at longer distances, Brothers doesn't feel she's limited to sprints.
"She's obviously a very fast filly and I do think we need to find a way to control her speed," he said. "But she also won a grade 1 around two turns and that's got to say something. I feel she's got the talent to be a good middle-distance type." Brothers remains cautious ahead of the planned return. "There's never any gimmies in this game," said Brothers. "We'll see how these next two weeks of training turn out. Just as long as she doesn't stub her toe."
Most Popular Stories
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico