According to Sadler, the daughter of Polish Numbers has a date with Empire Maker.
"She's six, so it was the right time," Sadler said. "We had plans to run her a couple more times, but with the weather things didn't end up that way."
Belleski, who won back-to-back runnings of the Senator Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT) in 2003 and 2004, last raced on Nov. 3 at Hollywood Park, winning an allowance race by 2 ½ lengths. She was subsequently entered to run in stakes events two more times but was withdrawn when the turf events were switched to the main track. Overall from 15 starts, Kentucky-bred Belleski reached the winner's circle eight times and earned $374,586.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones