Marie Yoshida said the new farm would be primarily used for boarding mares, weanlings and yearlings. "We are very excited about the new farm," Marie Yoshida said.
The 150-acre Winchester Farm, located near Paris, Ky., is currently listed for sale.The Yoshidas plan to move their entire operation to the newly purchased Indian Hill Farm sometime in early spring.Reiley McDonald, Eaton Farms management president, and a partner with Tom VanMeter of Eaton Sales, said "My partner Tom and I own three additional broodmare farms between us and, of course, we will continue to operate our yearling preparation division on Newtown Pike."In addition, the Yoshidas have accepted to have their new 268-acre farm enlisted in the PDR program (Purchase of Development Rights Program) supported by the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and gave up the rights to divide their new farm into 40-acre parcels. The PDR program now have more than 13,077 acres under conservation easement.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru