Marie Yoshida said the new farm would be primarily used for boarding mares, weanlings and yearlings. "We are very excited about the new farm," Marie Yoshida said.
The 150-acre Winchester Farm, located near Paris, Ky., is currently listed for sale.The Yoshidas plan to move their entire operation to the newly purchased Indian Hill Farm sometime in early spring.Reiley McDonald, Eaton Farms management president, and a partner with Tom VanMeter of Eaton Sales, said "My partner Tom and I own three additional broodmare farms between us and, of course, we will continue to operate our yearling preparation division on Newtown Pike."In addition, the Yoshidas have accepted to have their new 268-acre farm enlisted in the PDR program (Purchase of Development Rights Program) supported by the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government and gave up the rights to divide their new farm into 40-acre parcels. The PDR program now have more than 13,077 acres under conservation easement.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points