Becky Witzman, assistant trainer for Richard Mandella for the past 6 ½ years, has joined Horse Racing TV as an analyst.
"She's been like part of the family," Mandella said. "She came to work for me at Del Mar when she was 16 years old and worked for me every summer out of school. She's a terrific young lady and worked her way from grooming horses to being foreman and ended up assistant trainer.
"As much as she likes training, she had a chance to join HRTV and wanted to explore that opportunity. We wish her all the best."
Witzman, 27, is a graduate of the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry program.
HRTV, launched in July 2002, offers full coverage of horse racing action from the network of tracks owned by Magna Entertainment Corp. and other partner tracks. The shows are produced from Santa Anita's broadcast center. It has exclusive rights to racing from Santa Anita's winter meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Partners to Build Racetrack Casino in Calgary
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet
- Cornell to Operate Ruffian Equine Specialists Hospital
- No Legislative Action on Illinois ADW Bill
- Longeing Surface's Effects on Sound, Lame Horses