On Dec. 13, the new board of directors of the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Sales Company, Inc. met to elect new officers for 2005.Board members are Dr. Frank Ariosta, Chester Broman, Harry Landry, Joseph McMahon and Barry Ostrager.The following officers were elected for 2005: Chester Broman, president; Joseph McMahon, vice president; and Dr. Frank Ariosta, secretary treasurer.At this meeting the New York Thoroughbred Breeders Sales Company, Inc. board unanimously spoke out in favor of the recently released code of ethics released by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association.Board spokesman and president, Chester Broman, himself a frequent buyer at sales, applauded the work of the Sales Integrity Task Force. "We are striving to see a commodity which by its nature is difficult to guarantee. The board of NYBSC, Inc. looks forward to implementing the recommendations and standards deemed appropriate by TOBA. It is our company's goal, in its very small part, to provide an easy safe entry point for new owners while providing a level playing field for our consignors."The NYBSC, Inc. holds a mixed sale in the fall and next year will hold its inaugural yearling sale in August.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points