Two days after becoming a father for the first time, jockey Ramon Dominguez brought home three winners at Pimlico Sunday.Dominguez, second nationally in victories in 2004, started the day by capturing the daily double. He was aboard Broken Treaty ($3.80) in the first race and Mr. Pat ($6.60) in the second. He also won the fourth atop first time starter Timely Impulse ($6.60). He was returning to action after taking Saturday off to be with his wife and new son, Alexander Ramon."My whole life has changed now," Dominguez said. "I really look forward to going home today and seeing my child. He's doing very well and my wife is doing very well also. It feels good to win three races again today. Right now everything in my life is going very, very well. This has been the most special time in my life."Pimlico conditioner Rodney Jenkins saddled three winners out of four starters.Jenkins, who won three on the same card for the first time, boosted Dominguez aboard Mr. Pat in the second and Timely Impulse in the fourth. He gave a leg up to Abel Castellano on Refreshing Time ($7.40) in the fifth.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet