The son of Saint Ballado rallied from just off the pace to win the 130th running of the 1 1/8-mile Clark by 1 ½ lengths over the late running Seek Gold and third-place finisher Perfect Drift. The Donn is also at nine furlongs.Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. said after the race that he did not believe the Clark was one of Saint Liam's best efforts, but thought the 4-year-old colt was compromised by a rough break, when he collided with runner-up Seek Gold.
"He didn't take my breath away today the way I was expecting him to and hoping him to," said Dutrow. "He's better than these horses, but he did have a rough trip the first part of the race." Trainer Nick Zito he would also send his two Clark starters, Seek Gold and seventh-place finisher Pies Prospect, to Florida for the winter.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab