The son of Saint Ballado rallied from just off the pace to win the 130th running of the 1 1/8-mile Clark by 1 ½ lengths over the late running Seek Gold and third-place finisher Perfect Drift. The Donn is also at nine furlongs.Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. said after the race that he did not believe the Clark was one of Saint Liam's best efforts, but thought the 4-year-old colt was compromised by a rough break, when he collided with runner-up Seek Gold.
"He didn't take my breath away today the way I was expecting him to and hoping him to," said Dutrow. "He's better than these horses, but he did have a rough trip the first part of the race." Trainer Nick Zito he would also send his two Clark starters, Seek Gold and seventh-place finisher Pies Prospect, to Florida for the winter.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise