Nine Re-Entered for Fall Highweight
Updated: Sunday, November 28, 2004 3:23 PM
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 7:09 PM
The $100,000-added Fall Highweight Handicap, originally scheduled for Thanksgiving but postponed until Sunday because of poor track conditions, lost pre-race favorite Bwana Charlie when entries were taken Friday.
Also defecting was Dubai Sheikh, leaving a field of nine for the six-furlong Fall Highweight, which goes as the ninth race.
Primary Suspect has been nearly perfect in his young career, going 3-1-1 from five starts. Trained by Mark Hennig, this colt by Hennessy steps into the Fall Highweight, his graded stakes debut, off a romping second-level allowance win at Aqueduct on Oct. 30. Primary Suspect was assigned 126 pounds, eight less than 134-pound highweight Medallist.
Medallist looked like an up and comer in the three-year-old division earlier this year thanks to big-figure, front-running victories in the Withers (gr. III) and Dwyer (gr. II). The last few months, however, have not been to smooth for the Touch Gold
After finishing fifth in the Jim Dandy (gr. II) and seventh in the King's Bishop (gr. I) atSaratoga, Medallist sustained a quarter crack.
Medallist goes out for trainer H. Allen Jerkens and jockey Jose Santos. $100,000-added Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III), 3 & up, 6 furlongs
PP> Horse, Trainer, Jockey, Weight
1. Uncle Camie, Mike Hushion, Mike Luzzi, 128
2. Don Six, Frank Generazio Jr., Shaun Bridgmohan, 128
3. Thunder Touch, Kiaran McLaughlin, Rafael Bejarano, 126
4. Max's Buddy, Guadalupe Preciado, Cornelio Velasquez, 127
5. Eavesdropper, Kiaran McLaughlin, Aaron Gryder, 127
6. Friendly Island, Todd Pletcher, Stewart Elliott, 130
7. Papua, Mike Hushion, Javier Castellano, 128
8. Primary Suspect, Mark Hennig, Pablo Fragoso, 126
9. Medallist, Allen Jerkens, Jose Santos, 134
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!