The Rutgers Equine Science Center's Annual "Science Update" will take place from 6-9 p.m. (ET) on Tuesday, Dec. 7, at the New Jersey Museum of Agriculture on the Cook College campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, in Brunswick, N. J.Presentations will include highlights of year's work in equine health, horse management practices, and solutions to equine industry issues. Topics to be covered include:--The State of the Horse Industry in New Jersey
--Is Vitamin E the Antidote to Stress in Your Equine Athlete?
--Impact of Pasture and Hay on Your Horse's Well-Being
--Exercise: Can It Put Your Horse Off Its Feed?
--West Nile Virus May Be Lurking in Your BarnAttendees can tour the campus facilities before the program begins, with the options to include a demonstration of the center's high-speed equine treadmill or a visit with the current crop of NAERIC-registered weanlings in the Young Horse Teaching and Research program. Both tours begin at 4:30 p.m. (ET).More information, Rutgers Science Center
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity