The Rutgers Equine Science Center's Annual "Science Update" will take place from 6-9 p.m. (ET) on Tuesday, Dec. 7, at the New Jersey Museum of Agriculture on the Cook College campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, in Brunswick, N. J.Presentations will include highlights of year's work in equine health, horse management practices, and solutions to equine industry issues. Topics to be covered include:--The State of the Horse Industry in New Jersey
--Is Vitamin E the Antidote to Stress in Your Equine Athlete?
--Impact of Pasture and Hay on Your Horse's Well-Being
--Exercise: Can It Put Your Horse Off Its Feed?
--West Nile Virus May Be Lurking in Your BarnAttendees can tour the campus facilities before the program begins, with the options to include a demonstration of the center's high-speed equine treadmill or a visit with the current crop of NAERIC-registered weanlings in the Young Horse Teaching and Research program. Both tours begin at 4:30 p.m. (ET).More information, Rutgers Science Center
Most Popular Stories
- KY-bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity