Saint Liam, who gave leading Horse of the Year candidate Ghostzapper his toughest race of the season while finishing second in the Woodward Stakes (g.r I) Sept. 11, is probable for the $500,000 Clark Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 26 at Churchill Downs. A clerical error resulted in the omission of the 4-year-old Saint Ballado colt from the list of Clark nominees, but trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. said that his charge would almost certainly run in the 1 1/8-mile contest. Saint Liam has been training well since his epic Woodward stretch battle with Ghostzapper, most recently earning a bullet for his five-eighths drill in :59 1/5 at Aqueduct Nov. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet