Freefourinternet, looking to bounce back after a disappointing performance in the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), has been tabbed as the 5-2 favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Michael G. Schaefer Mile at Hoosier Park. John McKee is scheduled to ride the Tabasco Cat 6-year-old for Equirace.com LLC and trainer Michael Maker. The Hawthorne Gold Cup (gr. II) winner will start from post three in a field of seven and shares a top weight of 124 pounds.
Kodema, a Seeking the Gold gelding trained by David Carroll, is the 7-2 second choice. Kodema, who is owned by Farfellow Farms, Ltd., has been on the shelf since July 18. He also carries 124 pounds, including rider Jose Martinez Jr., while starting from the outside post.
Stormy Impact, too, carries124 pounds for trainer Frank Kirby. The 5-year-old Major Impact gelding, bred and owned by Jerrold Schwartz, ran sixth in his last start, the $100,000 Kentucky Cup Mile. He will start from post five for jockey Perry Compton and is 8-1 on the early line.
The field for the fifth running of the Schaefer Mile, scheduled as race three on the program with an estimated post time of 7:03 p.m. CT, is as follows:
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, ML Odds
1. Perfect Cut, William Troilo, 117, 10-1
2. Added Edge, Ramsey Zimmerman, 121, 6-1
3. Freefourinternet, John McKee, 124, 5-2
4. Coach Jimi Lee, Carlos Marquez Jr., 119, 4-1
5. Stormy Impact, Perry Compton, 124, 8-1
6. Mr Mink, Jeff Johnston, 116, 10-1
7. Kodema, Jose Martinez Jr., 124, 7-2
Most Popular Stories
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Exit Stage Left Stays Unbeaten in Gold Rush
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Nevada Kid Rolls in Claiming Crown Jewel
- Hedge Skimmer Valiant Girl Shocks My Charmer
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab