Jockey Dean Sarvis has been removed from a published list of jockeys who were excluded from riding at Churchill Downs through the remainder of the fall meeting and he will return to the saddle on Friday.
Sarvis' name was mistakenly placed on the list of jockeys who had refused a request by the track on Sunday for a commitment to accept mounts for racing cards for the remainder of the meet. Officials determined that he was not in attendance at the Sunday meeting. He later spoke with track management and committed to ride through the balance of the meet.
Sarvis resumed accepting calls for rides at Churchill Downs on Wednesday and was named to ride five horses on the 10-race card on Friday.
The removal of Sarvis reduces the number of jockeys excluded by Churchill to 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site