TVG also announced it recorded its second largest single-day handle Oct. 30, Breeders' Cup day. Total handle was $4,249,580, up 26% from Breeders' Cup day in 2003. The record of $5.2 million was set May 1, the day of this year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I)."We are very pleased by the growth in handle and by the continuing increase in distribution," TVG president Ryan O'Hara said in a release. "This is great news not only for TVG, but also for our track, horsemen, licensees, and distribution partners who benefit from our quality programming and additional distribution."
As of Sept. 30, TVG was available in 13.3 million homes via satellite and cable systems, up from 11.5 million homes last year, the network said. An additional five million homes receive TVG programming on Fox Sports Net 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory