TVG also announced it recorded its second largest single-day handle Oct. 30, Breeders' Cup day. Total handle was $4,249,580, up 26% from Breeders' Cup day in 2003. The record of $5.2 million was set May 1, the day of this year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I)."We are very pleased by the growth in handle and by the continuing increase in distribution," TVG president Ryan O'Hara said in a release. "This is great news not only for TVG, but also for our track, horsemen, licensees, and distribution partners who benefit from our quality programming and additional distribution."
As of Sept. 30, TVG was available in 13.3 million homes via satellite and cable systems, up from 11.5 million homes last year, the network said. An additional five million homes receive TVG programming on Fox Sports Net 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge