Aqueduct Racetrack will offer 31 graded stakes worth $3.675 million during its 43-day fall meet, which begins Oct. 27 and runs through Dec. 31.The Big A will run Wednesdays through Sundays with first post on most days set for 12:30 p.m. However, Aqueduct will be open on Nov. 2 (election day), and will be dark on the following day. Aqueduct will also be closed from Dec. 20 to Dec. 28 for the Christmas break. Aqueduct's biggest weekend of racing is HolidayFest, which begins on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 25, with the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds and up at six furlongs. On Nov. 26, the $150,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at a mile is the feature. The showcase race of the meet and of HolidayFest is the $350,000 Cigar Mile (gr. I) on Nov. 27. It heads a card that also includes two, key, nine-furlong races for 2-year-olds: the $200,000 Remsen (gr. II) and the $200,000 Demoiselle (gr. II) for fillies. Starting on opening day, Aqueduct will offer two daily Pick 4s on races 2-5 and races 6-9.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- Instant Racing Measure Advances in Nebraska
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- CHRB Begins Cobalt Testing
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter