On Feb. 12, Louisiana Derby Preview Day features the Grade III Risen Star Stakes, the Grade II Silverbulletday Stakes for fillies and the Grade III Mineshaft Handicap for older horses, along with the Taylor's Special Handicap for turf sprinters. The flagship day of the 82-day meet will be March 12, when the Louisiana Derby (gr. II), the Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II), the New Orleans Handicap (gr. II) and the Marie G. Krantz Memorial Handicap will offer a total of $1.5 million in purses - the richest stakes day in Louisiana racing history.
The schedule's other notable day is March 19, when the Mervin H. Muniz Jr. Memorial Handicap (gr. II) on the turf will headline a stakes tripleheader.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap