The 4-year-old daughter of Bahhare was third in the Yellow Ribbon Stakes (gr. IT) in her last start.
"That's about the best I've seen her work," Jamie Lloyd, assistant to trainer Jim Cassidy, said. "It was very nice. She came out of her last race in great shape.
"(Desormeaux) had his feet firmly in the dashboard and only let her out a little in the last eighth, which I caught in :10 and one."
Lloyd is overseeing Cassidy's California stable while the trainer is away in Kentucky preparing Ticker Tape for this weekend's Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland. He said Katdogawn's owners – the partnership of Jim Ford, John Cuchna and and Deron Pearson -- are still "on the fence" as to whether they'll pay the supplement for the filly to run in the Breeders' Cup.
From 23 starts, Katdogawn has a record of 6-6-4 for earnings of $594,803. Though the slight bay lass has yet to win a race outright this year, she did finish a strong third in the WinStar Distaff Handicap (gr. IIIT) over Lone Star's turf course back in May. She was placed first in the Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita in March after the disqualification of Megahertz.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses