Bailey is scheduled to race at Belmont Thursday, Friday and Sunday, in addition to riding at Keeneland in Kentucky on Saturday. He returned to working horses during the morning hours last week."I feel great and am riding with no pain," said Bailey in a released statement. "It may take a couple of races to knock the rust off, but I am resuming my normal race schedule immediately."Last year was a record-breaking year for Bailey. He won his seventh (fourth consecutive) Eclipse Award for Jockey of the Year, broke the North American record for purse earnings won with $23,354,960 and broke the record for the most stakes wins with 70.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014