Through the efforts of more than 250 supporters, Blue Grass Farms Chaplaincy raised $79,700 at "Call to the Post," its first major fundraising event Sept. 17 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. The funds will be used to further the ministry of Blue Grass Farms Chaplaincy, a division of the Race Track Chaplaincy of America. "Call to the Post" featured a testimony from Racing Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day, installation of Vincent Rivera as the chaplaincy's first full-time chaplain, and live and silent auctions with items from area Thoroughbred farms and horsemen, as well as local businesses. Funds raised at "Call to the Post" joined earlier donations to the organization, including a check for $1,000 from Thoroughbred Charities of America in recognition of Blue Grass Farms Chaplaincy's ministry.Blue Grass Farms Chaplaincy is a nonprofit evangelical Christian outreach ministry dedicated to serving the spiritual, physical, social, and educational needs of all people in the Central Kentucky horse farm community.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce