Padua Stables' Breeders' Cup Sprint winner Cajun Beat breezed five furlongs over the fast main track in 1:00 2/5 this morning as trainer Bobby Frankel points the four-year-old gelding to Saturday's Grade 1, $500,000 Vosburgh (gr. I)at six furlongs.Frankel also plans to enter Edmund Gann's Watchem Smokey in the Vosburgh.
Cajun Beat has not run since finishing fourth in the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) March 27. Since then, he has been transferred from the barn of Steve Margolis to Frankel."I could have run him in an allowance race, but I just decided to wait for this race," Frankel said. "He worked well this morning."Watchem Smokey kicked in with a strong rally to take an allowance-optional claimer September 15, his first start since colliding with a rival in a March Santa Anita stakes race.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity