United Arab Emirates Derby (UAE-II) winner Lundy's Liability is expected to make his United States debut in the $500,000 Goodwood Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on Oct. 2, opening day of the Oak Tree Racing Association's 26-day meet at Santa Anita.
Now in the barn of Bobby Frankel, the 4-year-old Brazilian-bred son of Candy Stripes, worked six furlongs Friday at Hollywood Park in a bullet 1:12 1/5, fastest of 15 drills at the distance.
"He came to us after the Dubai race last March," said Humberto Ascanio, assistant to Frankel. "Bobby just took his time with him. He went real good in the work. I got him in 1:12 flat and it was nice and easy, just a little faster than we wanted. But he's doing real good."
The colt won the UAE Derby at 1 1/8 miles under 130 pounds at Nad Al Sheba in Dubai. The bay colt has a 3-1-0 record from five starts with earnings of $1,253,930. The Goodwood is one of three graded stakes with Breeders' Cup significance to be run Oct. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts