In addition to the Arc, the show will also feature live coverage of three other races: the Prix Marcel Boussac (Fr-I, 2-year-old fillies at one mile), the Grand Criterium (Fr-I, 2-year-olds at seven furlongs), and the Prix du Grand Hotel Barrieire (3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles). All Arc Day races are on the turf and serve as stepping stones for the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships, to be held October 30 at Lone Star Park."The Arc is one of the great events in international horseracing, and we are excited that for the sixth year in a row we will be bringing it live to our viewers," said Tony Allevato, TVG vice president and executive producer. "We are especially thrilled that Gary Stevens will be on hand to offer his unique commentary. After riding in Europe the past half year Gary brings insight that few others have."
As to the Arc itself, Sulamani, from the powerful Godolphin Racing stable, could enter the race as the favorite. Winner of more than $4.6 million, Sulamani captured the Juddmonte International last month for the fifth Group or Grade I win of his career. Also expected is Grey Swallow, who won the Irish Derby; North Light, who captured the Epsom Derby; Valixir, winner of the Prix Niel; Prospect Park, second in the Prix Niel; the ever dangerous Mubtaker, who was second in the race last year, and another Godolphin trainee, Mamool, winner of the September Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29