Philip & Marcia Cohen's Closing Argument scored an impressive four-length victory in the $201,640 Delaware Park NATC Futurity Saturday. Ridden by Herberto Castillo, the 2-year-old son of Successful Appeal returned $2.60, $2.40 and $2.10 as the heavy favorite in the field of seven. Alexandersun ($4, $2.10), with Roberto Alvarado astride, finished second and it was another 3 1/4 lengths further back to Mikethegeneral ($2.10) with Abel Castellano aboard, in third. Closing Argument cut fractions of :21.98 for a quarter mile and 45.48 for a half mile before completing the six furlongs in 1:10.78 over a fast main track. The Florida bred colt trained by Kiaran McLaughlin raised his career record to two wins from as many starts with earnings of $139,000.(Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes
- Conquest Titan, Vinceremos Loom in Tampa Bay