A Tex Sutton airplane carrying several horses, including Travers Stakes (gr. I) contender Suave, was grounded Wednesday in Louisville, Ky., delaying its arrival in New York until Thursday morning.
According to Paul Holthus of Tex Sutton transportation company, the plane left California, made a pick up in Texas and then headed to Louisville to make another pickup. The horses were scheduled to arrive at Saratoga Race Course later Wednesday afternoon."The plane developed a mechanical [problem] that required a new part," Holthus said. "It is a problem that will take several hours to correct. The horses were taken to Churchill Down and bedded down. If everything goes well, we'll be at Albany Airport at about 9:30 tomorrow morning."
Most Popular Stories
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- AmWest Offers Players Chance to Help TCA
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap