Friday. According to Emerald Downs' clerk of scales Ken Doll, it was a
unanimous decision by the riders to suspend racing. "We were all slipping and sliding out there during the first race," said jockey Ricky Frazier, who won the first race aboard Misty Leader. "The surface was really loose due to the excessive rain and none of our horses could get a hold of the track. All the riders were in agreement on canceling the races." Fans in attendance received rain checks good for any day of live racing at the Seattle, Wash., track.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Palace Malice's Wins to Benefit Research
- Wildcat Red Stretches Speed Toward Classics
- Instant Racing Measure Advances in Nebraska
- KEEP Opposes Open-Ended Gambling Measure
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- CHRB Begins Cobalt Testing
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter