Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner Tapit, who was on target to make the $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) on Aug. 8, will not start in the Oceanport, N.J. race after all, trainer Michael Dickinson reported Saturday."He worked super this morning, but he needs minor throat surgery," said Dickinson, who conditions the Pulpit colt for Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC. "He'll walk for a week after the surgery, so the Haskell is out." A winner of three of five lifetime starts, Tapit has earned $549,800 for his connections. Those considered likely for the 1 1/8-mile Haskell are Lion Heart, Rock Hard Ten, Royal Assault, My Snookie's Boy and Wimplestiltskin. Listed as possible for the $1 million event are Eddington, Tap Day, Courageous Act, Pollard's Vision and Swingforthefences.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet