April.Cool Conductor also exits a graded stakes in his start. The son of Stravinsky ran third in the grade III Jefferson Cup at Churchill Downs on June 12. In that nine-furlong grass event, the Bill Mott trainee was bumped at the start, made the pace for more than three-quarters of a mile before giving way in the final furlong.The field, in post position order with weights and jockeys:
1. Toasted, 121 pounds, Rene R. Douglas
2. Old Deuteronomy, 119, Eusebio Razo Jr.
3. Street Theatre, 119, Carlos H. Marquez Jr.
4. Cool Conductor, 119, Cornelio H. Velasquez
5. Exploited Storm, 119, Frank Lovato, Jr.
6. Caimon, 119, Larry J. Sterling, Jr.
7. Up Anchor, 119, Christopher A. Emigh
8. Count On the Tuna, 119, Jesse M. Campbell
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered