April.Cool Conductor also exits a graded stakes in his start. The son of Stravinsky ran third in the grade III Jefferson Cup at Churchill Downs on June 12. In that nine-furlong grass event, the Bill Mott trainee was bumped at the start, made the pace for more than three-quarters of a mile before giving way in the final furlong.The field, in post position order with weights and jockeys:
1. Toasted, 121 pounds, Rene R. Douglas
2. Old Deuteronomy, 119, Eusebio Razo Jr.
3. Street Theatre, 119, Carlos H. Marquez Jr.
4. Cool Conductor, 119, Cornelio H. Velasquez
5. Exploited Storm, 119, Frank Lovato, Jr.
6. Caimon, 119, Larry J. Sterling, Jr.
7. Up Anchor, 119, Christopher A. Emigh
8. Count On the Tuna, 119, Jesse M. Campbell
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY