in :49.40 on Tuesday for trainer Steve Asmussen, who has lost the last two runnings of the Bashford Manor with strong favorites Posse and Cuvee."We're awfully optimistic about his run on Monday," said Asmussen in a release from Churchill Downs. "He's training well, but he needs to overcome me. I haven't had much luck in the Bashford Manor." Lunarpal romped to easy wins in his racing debut at Keeneland and the Three Chimneys Juvenile at Churchill Downs on Kentucky Derby Day. But he endured a stiff challenge from Consolidator before he escaped with a neck victory in the Kentucky Breeders' Cup (gr. III) on June 5. "He's the target," said Asmussen. "He definitely was shaken up in the race and needed to find more. We'll see how he responds to it." Another Bashford Manor contender, Proper Carson breezed three furlongs over a "fast" track on Wednesday in :39.40.Other likely starters in the Bashford Manor include:Raise Ole Glory; Proper Carson; Smoke Warning; Maximus C; and Copy My Notes.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014