Two 2-year-olds tied for the fastest eighth-mile work when they stopped the timer in 10.20 seconds at Mondays preview for horses consigned to Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training.The days best times were recorded by Only One Way, a gelding by Tinners Way out of Vaderette, consigned by Mary Knight, and Lily Ascot, a filly by Malek out of Meadow Lily, consigned by Sam Hendricks.
The fastest quarter-mile work of 21.40 seconds was turned in by Scoresearlygale, a filly by Score Early out of Intergale, consigned by Sue Hubbard & Associates.The fastest three-eighths mile work was turned in by the multiple winning 5-year-old gelding Hezafreespirit, who stopped the timer in a blistering 33.20 seconds. The fastest three-eighths mile work turned in by 2-year-old was from Cambiocorsa, a filly by Avenue of Flags out of Ultrafleet. Both workers came from the consignment of Mary Knight.
The auction is scheduled to take place on Tuesday in the Hinds Pavilion located on the grounds of Fairplex Park in Pomona, California beginning at 1 p.m. (PT).
Barretts Summer Sale Catalog
Most Popular Stories
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses