Two 2-year-olds tied for the fastest eighth-mile work when they stopped the timer in 10.20 seconds at Mondays preview for horses consigned to Barretts Summer Sale of Horses of Racing Age and 2-Year-Old in Training.The days best times were recorded by Only One Way, a gelding by Tinners Way out of Vaderette, consigned by Mary Knight, and Lily Ascot, a filly by Malek out of Meadow Lily, consigned by Sam Hendricks.
The fastest quarter-mile work of 21.40 seconds was turned in by Scoresearlygale, a filly by Score Early out of Intergale, consigned by Sue Hubbard & Associates.The fastest three-eighths mile work was turned in by the multiple winning 5-year-old gelding Hezafreespirit, who stopped the timer in a blistering 33.20 seconds. The fastest three-eighths mile work turned in by 2-year-old was from Cambiocorsa, a filly by Avenue of Flags out of Ultrafleet. Both workers came from the consignment of Mary Knight.
The auction is scheduled to take place on Tuesday in the Hinds Pavilion located on the grounds of Fairplex Park in Pomona, California beginning at 1 p.m. (PT).
Barretts Summer Sale Catalog
Most Popular Stories
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge