Prairie Meadows on June 16 presented the Polk County Board of Supervisors with a check for $10.1 million representing profit sharing payments provided for under its lease agreement."We, as a board and operating staff, are pleased to provide this further investment in our local community," said Prairie Meadows president Bob Farinella following this morning's check presentation in the actual amount of $10,132,826. As a not-for-profit company," Farinella added, "Prairie Meadows returns all profit to our community. This is just an example of our ongoing commitment to the people of Polk County, and what, together, the county and we can do to fortify a vibrant, local economy for today and generations to follow."
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet