Featuring four international group I events, the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races is the largest international sporting event staged in Hong Kong. The races this year will take place on Dec. 12.
Cathay Pacific will also sponsor both the international trial meetings on Nov. 14 and 21, as well as the International Jockeys' Championship at Happy Valley Racecourse on Dec. 8.
"Racing is the No. 1 sport in Hong Kong and it is fitting that the Hong Kong Jockey Club has entered into a partnership with one of Hong Kong's most famous companies," said HKJC chief executive Lawrence Wong. "It is the biggest week in Hong Kong sport. We are proud to be able to contribute to Hong Kong tourism industry in such a way."
"As Hong Kong's airline, Cathay Pacific is proud to be the first title sponsor of the Hong Kong International Races," said Philip Chen, Cathay Pacific's director and chief operating officer. "It is a tremendous event enjoyed by thousands of Hong Kong people and we are delighted to be a part of it. We look forward to bringing not only runners and riders but also a great number of visitors to Hong Kong to join the excitement."
The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races is the third richest day of racing in the world with HK$56 million in prize-money spread across four group I races. The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) is the world's richest 1 1/4-mile race on turf and is the final leg of the World Series Racing Championship. The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) is the richest mile event in the world.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle