"We are confident that TVG, with a unique combination of our services and source-market fee revenue-sharing program, will provide the same benefits to the Washington racing industry that we have provided in states like Kentucky, California, and elsewhere," TVG president Ryan O'Hara said.
In March, the Washington state legislature enacted a bill that was subsequently signed into law by Gov. Gary Locke April 1. It authorized the racing commission to license account wagering companies that have an agreement with Emerald Downs to accept wagers from Washington residents.
"We reviewed all of the account wagering companies and found TVG's package of services and economic model to be the best fit for Emerald Downs," said Ron Crockett, president of Emerald Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures