Leading Japanese filly Dance in the Mood, a winner of four of five starts and $1,773,565, has accepted an invitation to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park on July 3. Dance in the Mood, a daughter of Sunday Silence, established herself as the leader of the 3-year-old filly division in Japan with victories in her first four races, including a Group 3 event and the Japanese One Thousand Guineas (Jpn-I). She then finished fourth, beaten by about four lengths, as the favorite in the Japanese Oaks at Tokyo Racecourse on May 23.Dance in the Mood, a homebred who runs for Teruya Oshida's Shadai Farm, is conditioned by 10-time leading Japanese trainer Kazuo Fujisawa and will be ridden by 13-time national leader Yutaka Take. She is scheduled to arrive at Hollywood Park June 21."Mr. Yoshida is a true sportsman," Hollywood Park racing secretary Martin Panza said. "He wants to race his horses outside of Japan and not everyone is willing to do that. Hopefully, this will open the door to more Japanese horses racing at Hollywood Park in the future."
Dance in the Mood will be the first Japanese filly to run in the Oaks, which was awarded grade I status following the second running in 2003. She tired late in the 1 1/2-mile Japanese Oaks, but shortens up for the 1 1/4-mile American Oaks. The complete list of invitees to the Oaks will be announced June 19.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards