Jockey Todd Kabel's incredible seven-race winning streak on the turf came to an end Sunday at Woodbine when he finished second aboard Gangster in the third race.Kabel, a four-time Sovereign Award winner and currently the leading rider at the Toronto oval, entered Sunday's card with a Canadian record seven-for-seven in grass races to start a season. "It's another goal achieved, although I didn't expect to do it or even know about the record," said Kabel, Canada's champion rider in 2003. "But that's why we're all here, to give it all we have."His unbeaten string prompted Woodbine's veteran track announcer Dan Loiselle to refer to Kabel's exploits during those races as 'Todd on the sod' and 'The Sodmeister', as the wins kept mounting.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet