"Castledale's not ready to say (where he'll start next)," Mullins said. "We'll let him get up to a five-eighths work and then start thinking about it."The move was the fifth fastest of the 12 horses who went three eighths on the day.
Owned by the partnership of Greg Knee and TVG racing analyst Frank Lyons, Irish-bred Castledale was purchased privately last September in his homeland and was imported to America. He won the Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park last November in his first stateside start. After an unplaced finish in the March 6 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II), he won the Santa Anita Derby in April by a head at odds of 30-1.
From 11 starts, Castledale owns three wins, four seconds and a third for earnings of $559,623.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong