"Castledale's not ready to say (where he'll start next)," Mullins said. "We'll let him get up to a five-eighths work and then start thinking about it."The move was the fifth fastest of the 12 horses who went three eighths on the day.
Owned by the partnership of Greg Knee and TVG racing analyst Frank Lyons, Irish-bred Castledale was purchased privately last September in his homeland and was imported to America. He won the Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park last November in his first stateside start. After an unplaced finish in the March 6 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II), he won the Santa Anita Derby in April by a head at odds of 30-1.
From 11 starts, Castledale owns three wins, four seconds and a third for earnings of $559,623.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail