Funny Cide is part of an all-star cast expected for the $750,000 Met Mile (gr. I) on Memorial Day, May 31st. Also expected are Horse of the Year Azeri and the top two finishers from the Carter Handicap (gr. I) in Pico Central and Strong Hope.
Funny Cide was assigned 118 pounds for the Met Mile; Peace Rules was weighted highest at 121, with Pico Central and Strong Hope at 119. Azeri and Speightstown were next at 117 pounds. "I thought Funny Cide worked great and so did Robin," trainer Barclay Tagg said. "The track was just right this morning. I hope they don't scrape it before the race." Funny Cide was scratched from the May 14 Pimlico Special (gr. I) because of extreme heat for the time of year. Tagg and Smullen agree that Funny Cide is not at his best under hot and humid conditions. The forecast for Monday is for a 40 percent chance of showers and a high of 75."Seventy-five would be fine with us," said Tagg, who doesn't want to see a wet track either. "This should be a great race."
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana