Livadiya was second by three lengths over Hanami, saddled by the Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) winner James Toller and ridden by Seb Sanders. They were 2 1/2 lengths better than Godolphin's Echoes In Eternity.Soviet Song was close up while in check in the one-mile event, quickening to seize the lead form Echoes In Eternity less than two furlongs from home and drawing away from the field. She won in a time of 1:39.5 on good to firm conditions.
Elsewhere at The Curragh Saturday, Gary Stevens was on hand to ride American-bred Arakan to a second-place finish behind The Kiddykid in the Weatherbys Ireland Greenland Stakes (Ire-III).The odds-on 4-5 choice for trainer Michael Stoute finished up well but ran out of room in the six-furlong event, losing by a head to Jamie Spencer aboard the The Kddykid.Stevens told The Racing Post, "The trip was a bit short for my horse and getting unbalanced in the last 100 yards didn't help either."
One fan didn't see it that way, though, The Post reported, shouting out, "You fell asleep Gary, you fell asleep." Flaxman Holdings bred the 4-year-old Nureyev colt Arakan, who is owned by the Niarchos Family.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts