The William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 mile Saturday at Pimlico drew a field of 11, including Ole Faunty, who was also entered in Friday's Pimlico Special. Pat Day rides the 5-year-old, who won the John B. Campbell Handicap at Laurel in February.
Ole Faunty would be the strong favorite and carry top weight of 119 pounds if he goes in the Schaefer.
Otherwise, Seattle Fitz, a major player earlier this year, winning the Aqueduct Handicap (gr. III) in January and running second to Medaglia d'Oro in the Donn Handicap (gr. I), figures to go favored. Seattle Fitz ran last of six as the 7-10 favorite in the Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) April 3.
The Lady's Groom, third in the Gulfstream Park Handicap, came back April 17 with a gate-to-wire victory in the 1 1/8-mile Jim McKay Breeders' Cup Handicap at Pimlico by 1 1/4 length. Horacio Karamanos returns to ride The Lady's Groom, who breaks from the extreme outside.$100,000 William Donald Schaefer Handicap (gr. III), 3 & up, 1 1/8 mile
PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, ML Odds
1. One Eyed Joker (MD), Abel Castellano, Jr., 110, 20/1
2. Deeliteful Guy (KY), Jose A. Santos, 111, 15/1
3. White Buck (FL), Ramon A. Dominguez, 111, 20/1
4. Roaring Fever (KY), Jerry D. Bailey, 112, 8/1
5. Cherokee's Boy (MD), Ryan Fogelsonger, 114, 12/1
6. Seattle Fitz (ARG), Richard Migliore, 116, 5/2
7. Off the Glass (MD), Jozbin Z. Santana, 111, 30/1
8. Your Bluffing (KY), Edgar S. Prado, 113, 10/1
9. Ole Faunty (KY), Pat Day, 119, 2/1
10. Jorgie Stover (MD), Kaymarie Kreidel, 112, 15/1
11. The Lady's Groom (KY), Horacio Karamanos, 115, 9/2