The June 5 Belmont race was raised as an option after the half-brother to grade II winner Evolving Tactics finished second to Irish Derby (Ire-I) favorite Yeats in Sunday's Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial (Ire-III) at Leopardstown.
But Stan Cosgrove, racing manager to owner/breeders the Moyglare Stud, told The Blood Horse: "It is one of three options for him, together with a race at Leopardstown followed by the Irish Derby (on June 27) or the Epsom Derby (Eng-I, also on June 5). But I'd say it is the least likely option because we'd be worried about him acting on the ground. When he ran in the Breeders' Cup (Juvenile) last year he didn't act on it (dirt) at all so that would have to be a worry."Relaxed Gesture races for Moyglare Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce