The June 5 Belmont race was raised as an option after the half-brother to grade II winner Evolving Tactics finished second to Irish Derby (Ire-I) favorite Yeats in Sunday's Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial (Ire-III) at Leopardstown.
But Stan Cosgrove, racing manager to owner/breeders the Moyglare Stud, told The Blood Horse: "It is one of three options for him, together with a race at Leopardstown followed by the Irish Derby (on June 27) or the Epsom Derby (Eng-I, also on June 5). But I'd say it is the least likely option because we'd be worried about him acting on the ground. When he ran in the Breeders' Cup (Juvenile) last year he didn't act on it (dirt) at all so that would have to be a worry."Relaxed Gesture races for Moyglare Stud.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%