Henri Chalhoub owns Execute and his sire, the winner of both the Prix du Jockey-Club and Arc de Triomphe in 1991. Execute won for the first time since April 2001 for trainer John Hammond.
"He deserves this win and must be getting better with age," Hammond told The Racing Post. "Execute's a sweet and brave little horse who had his ground today. Credit must be given to Claude Lenoir, who has been riding him at home for five years, and my chief work rider, Michel Dureuil."
Polish Summer "couldn't stretch out when he tried to accelerate," Stevens said. "I think today's performance was a mixture of the ground, the trip to Dubai and the distance of the race." Touch of Land, Vangelis and Chancellor completed the order of finish. The final time was 2:14.6.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch