Henri Chalhoub owns Execute and his sire, the winner of both the Prix du Jockey-Club and Arc de Triomphe in 1991. Execute won for the first time since April 2001 for trainer John Hammond.
"He deserves this win and must be getting better with age," Hammond told The Racing Post. "Execute's a sweet and brave little horse who had his ground today. Credit must be given to Claude Lenoir, who has been riding him at home for five years, and my chief work rider, Michel Dureuil."
Polish Summer "couldn't stretch out when he tried to accelerate," Stevens said. "I think today's performance was a mixture of the ground, the trip to Dubai and the distance of the race." Touch of Land, Vangelis and Chancellor completed the order of finish. The final time was 2:14.6.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban