Padua Stables' Class Above, winner of the Bourbonette Stakes at Turfway Park on March 20, tuned up for her engagement in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with a sharp half-mile in :47:40 Monday under Dana Barnes. "She worked awesome," said trainer Bob Baffert. "The track this morning was the best its been and I feel good about the way she's doing."Class Above, a daughter of Quiet American, galloped out five furlongs in 1:00.60. She was equipped with blinkers for the workout.
Baffert timed the filly in a slightly slower time of :48 flat and on out in 1:00.80.Baffert's other hopeful for the Kentucky Oaks, Thomas Van Meter II's Victory U.S.A., jogged after visiting the starting gate for a schooling session. The Victory Gallop. filly was an easy winner of the Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) over Eclipse Award champion Halfbridled April 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North