Padua Stables' Class Above, winner of the Bourbonette Stakes at Turfway Park on March 20, tuned up for her engagement in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with a sharp half-mile in :47:40 Monday under Dana Barnes. "She worked awesome," said trainer Bob Baffert. "The track this morning was the best its been and I feel good about the way she's doing."Class Above, a daughter of Quiet American, galloped out five furlongs in 1:00.60. She was equipped with blinkers for the workout.
Baffert timed the filly in a slightly slower time of :48 flat and on out in 1:00.80.Baffert's other hopeful for the Kentucky Oaks, Thomas Van Meter II's Victory U.S.A., jogged after visiting the starting gate for a schooling session. The Victory Gallop. filly was an easy winner of the Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) over Eclipse Award champion Halfbridled April 8.
Most Popular Stories
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Two Colts Bring $1.6 Million Each at OBS
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer
- Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Region: A New Heritage
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Malibu Moon Colt Brings $1.3 Million at OBS
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- New York Panel to Adopt, Amend Racing Rules
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004