Padua Stables' Class Above, winner of the Bourbonette Stakes at Turfway Park on March 20, tuned up for her engagement in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with a sharp half-mile in :47:40 Monday under Dana Barnes. "She worked awesome," said trainer Bob Baffert. "The track this morning was the best its been and I feel good about the way she's doing."Class Above, a daughter of Quiet American, galloped out five furlongs in 1:00.60. She was equipped with blinkers for the workout.
Baffert timed the filly in a slightly slower time of :48 flat and on out in 1:00.80.Baffert's other hopeful for the Kentucky Oaks, Thomas Van Meter II's Victory U.S.A., jogged after visiting the starting gate for a schooling session. The Victory Gallop. filly was an easy winner of the Stonerside Beaumont Stakes (gr. II) over Eclipse Award champion Halfbridled April 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Sire de Grugy in Cheltenham 'Feel Good' Story
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Encaustic Sires First Three Foals
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- New Vocations Announces 2014 Ambassadors
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered