The Fabulous Thunderbirds are scheduled to begin their performance at approximately 4:45 p.m. (all times EDT). Also scheduled to perform that day on the main Infield stage are Tanita Gaines & The Accused (appox. 2:45 p.m.) and The Dennis Ervin Band (approx. 12:30 p.m).
The celebration will continue on Kentucky Oaks Day. The Elders, an up and coming Irish rock band, will perform on the Infield's main stage. Local Latin sensation Santa Barbara will perform on a second stage located near the track's second turn. The Elders and Santa Barbara are scheduled to perform on their respective stages on Oaks Day from 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Admission to the Crown Royal Festival in the Field is free with $2 paid track admission. Gates open at 11 a.m. and post time for the first of the day's 10 races is scheduled for 12:45 p.m. General admission to Friday's Kentucky Oaks Day program is $25 and admission to the Crown Royal Festival in the Field concerts is free with that admission.Churchill Downs' admission gates open at 8:00 a.m. on Oaks Day and post time for the first of the day's 11 races is set for 11 a.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale