The Fabulous Thunderbirds are scheduled to begin their performance at approximately 4:45 p.m. (all times EDT). Also scheduled to perform that day on the main Infield stage are Tanita Gaines & The Accused (appox. 2:45 p.m.) and The Dennis Ervin Band (approx. 12:30 p.m).
The celebration will continue on Kentucky Oaks Day. The Elders, an up and coming Irish rock band, will perform on the Infield's main stage. Local Latin sensation Santa Barbara will perform on a second stage located near the track's second turn. The Elders and Santa Barbara are scheduled to perform on their respective stages on Oaks Day from 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Admission to the Crown Royal Festival in the Field is free with $2 paid track admission. Gates open at 11 a.m. and post time for the first of the day's 10 races is scheduled for 12:45 p.m. General admission to Friday's Kentucky Oaks Day program is $25 and admission to the Crown Royal Festival in the Field concerts is free with that admission.Churchill Downs' admission gates open at 8:00 a.m. on Oaks Day and post time for the first of the day's 11 races is set for 11 a.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records