Pick Six fever gripped Santa Anita Park on Easter Sunday as the gross pool -- including a two-day carryover of $578,231 -- topped out at $2,230,181. There were seven winning tickets with six correct, with each returning $214,463.Two winning tickets were sold on-track, two were sold at Bay Meadows, and one each was sold at Hollywood Park, Los Alamitos, and through the TVG hub. The fourth race began the Pick Six and knocked out the majority of players. Enduring Grace, the 3-5 favorite, finished up the track while Tita Emerald prevailed at odds of 17-1. The fifth race went to Ashoka, the fourth choice at odds of 5-1, and gave Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel his 795th victory at Santa Anita. Only legendary Charlie Whittingham, with 869 wins, has won more races in Arcadia. Tizzakitty took the sixth race by a nose at odds of 2-1 and was the lone favorite to win in the Pick Six. Imgunabeinpictures rallied from slightly off the pace to score as the 4-1 third choice in the seventh. The victory broke a 104-race losing streak for jockey Kerwin John. The eighth race, the Providencia Stakes, was easily won by Ticker Tape, the third choice at 9-2, as betting favorite Mambo Slew finished far up the track. Hidden Time, the 5-2 second choice, who mowed down the leaders to win going away, took the ninth and final. Although large, Sunday's Pick Six pool was not the largest of the winter/spring meeting. The North American record Pick Six pool of $7,302,848 was set at Santa Anita on March 3, including a single-day pool of $6,657,311.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55