Despite negative X-rays on St Averil's problem feet, Rafael Becerra remained uncommitted on the colt's participation in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) on May 1.
"The X-rays were OK," the trainer said Friday morning. "He's going to the track today. His feet right now are not a problem, so we just have to keep going and let him tell us. "If everything is OK we probably would go, but we have to see how he responds. He'd have to be 100 percent and do things like he normally does and then we'll see. I'll know more a week from now."
Most Popular Stories
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired