Despite negative X-rays on St Averil's problem feet, Rafael Becerra remained uncommitted on the colt's participation in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) on May 1.
"The X-rays were OK," the trainer said Friday morning. "He's going to the track today. His feet right now are not a problem, so we just have to keep going and let him tell us. "If everything is OK we probably would go, but we have to see how he responds. He'd have to be 100 percent and do things like he normally does and then we'll see. I'll know more a week from now."
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/17/2014
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- CA Track Usher Laricchia Dies at 90
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches