Assemblymember Liu presented resolutions to each honoree commending her significant contributions to the Thoroughbred horseracing and breeding industry.
Liu said she wants to point out the contributions of women to the sport, which provides tens of thousands of jobs and billions of dollars to the California economy and is an integral part of the state's history. "We believe that highlighting the contributions of individuals with whom potential fans can identify will help to create a new generation of horse racing enthusiasts," she said. "Given women's long, and often unheralded, history of involvement in all aspects of horseracing, organizing an event to honor them seemed most appropriate."
Most Popular Stories
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task