"It's a good spot for her," Polanco said. "She's doing well, the purse is good and it's a grade I so it's the logical place for her to run."Others expected for the 1 1/16-mile main track event include 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri and last year's Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Wild Spirit.
Island Fashion has won five of her 12 career starts, with two seconds and earnings of $1,462,970. She won last year's Alabama Stakes (gr. I), La Brea Stakes (gr. I) and Delaware Oaks (gr. III), Sunland Oaks and this year's Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I).
According to Polanco, Island Fashion will ship to Arkansas on Wednesday, with the trainer joining her a day later.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts