"It's a good spot for her," Polanco said. "She's doing well, the purse is good and it's a grade I so it's the logical place for her to run."Others expected for the 1 1/16-mile main track event include 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri and last year's Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) winner Wild Spirit.
Island Fashion has won five of her 12 career starts, with two seconds and earnings of $1,462,970. She won last year's Alabama Stakes (gr. I), La Brea Stakes (gr. I) and Delaware Oaks (gr. III), Sunland Oaks and this year's Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I).
According to Polanco, Island Fashion will ship to Arkansas on Wednesday, with the trainer joining her a day later.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award