Tampa Bay Downs officials announced that effective April 3, purses will be increased by 5%.The increase brings average daily projected purses to a new all-time record level of $133,500 per day, eclipsing last year's previous record purses of $128,000 per day.In addition, allowance winners will receive a further boost of $500 per race in FOA awards.The purse increases are possible due to all-source wagering on Tampa being up $48 million, or 26%, according to Peter Berube, track vice president and general manager. Daily average all source handle is up $640,000 per day, averaging $3.1 million per day through 75 days of the track's 94-day meet. On-track live handle is up 23% or $4.1 million. Attendance is up 13%.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?